About Holy Cross
On March 17, 1873, eight families organized and named a new Lutheran Church in Fayette County, Texas. The church was named, "Evangelisch Kreuz Gemeinde - Ungeaendeter Augsburgischer Confession." (Holy Cross Parish of the Unaltered Augsburg Confession). The first sanctuary was dedicated in August of 1873, and a school started in November. In 1881, the congregation relocated and built a larger sanctuary several miles to the southeast. The present sanctuary was dedicated on July 25, 1948, the congregation's 75th Anniversary. Holy Cross' day school closed in 1969.
In 2001, a large education wing was added to Holy Cross' physical plant, with hopes that a school could once more be opened at some future date. This dream was realized in the Fall of 2017 when an association of several local LCMS congregations founded Faith Lutheran High School of Central Texas, the first parochial High School in the area.
Today, Holy Cross remains active in our community with Sunday services offering faithful Word and Sacrament Ministry, opportunities for Christians of all ages to grow deeper in their faith, various groups and activities for social fellowship, and teenagers bustling up and down the halls between classes. We hope you'll come and join us in sharing God's wonderful gifts!